Student Body Insurance

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 05/10/2011 - 21:22

I am in the process of starting an EMT school in the state of California. I have been informed that the students we would send out on clinicals/ride-alongs need to be covered by a $1 million policy.

Q? Does anybody know what kind of policy would suffice this requirement? And where to get it?

Posted: 11 May 2011 01:49 Post Subject:

You need a "blanket" professional liability policy to cover your faculty and students. Student rates should be somewhere in the neighborhood of $15-$25 per student per year for $1,000,000 coverage.

Or you could require students to obtain their own coverage. Student rates will be some lower than for licensed persons, but more than the blanket rates above.

You can contact Nurses Service Organization ( ) to see if they have coverage available. They specialize in professional liability for nurses and allied health professions. EMTs are probably within their lines.

Posted: 11 May 2011 04:56 Post Subject:

A professional liability coverage is always a necessity for such organizations. You're actually getting something very useful by paying just around $15-$25 a year. It could save you a lot of hassles.

Posted: 11 May 2011 09:31 Post Subject:

paying just around $15-$25 a year.

Roddick . . . that's PER STUDENT, not for the entire school. I think you knew that.

Posted: 15 Jul 2011 07:11 Post Subject: RtpCyCjarchU

Well done aritcle that. I'll make sure to use it wisely.

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 06:03 Post Subject:

The type of coverage provided by the plan is satisfactory and i think the premium you are paying is also not that high.

Add new comment

Restricted HTML

  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.