Places of worship insurance

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sat, 01/19/2013 - 20:19

Hi, I was wondering what would you expect to insure a place of worship such as temple, mosque, church etc. Do it differ from traditional business insurance?

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 08:22 Post Subject:

A large enough governing body should already have a insurer, but if not, there is cover for public liability, trustees liability, pastoral care indemnity, fund raising activities and others. Volunteers that make difficult decisions usually require to have directors and officers insurance to protect them.

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 03:35 Post Subject:

Most churches, synagogues, and mosques adequately cover their liabilities with a COMMERCIAL GENERAL LIABILITY policy tailored to the needs of religious organizations. Leaders in this field include Church Mutual and Blackwell, but any company writing CGL policies will work -- it's just that the specialists write their contracts with "church-specific" language, and a standard CGL policy may need to add additional "forms" to properly protect the organization. .

Add new comment

Restricted HTML

  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.