How much auto insurance do I need if I own a home

Message Author
ampm-bookmark
delicious-small Add to delicious
yahoomyweb-small Add to YahooMyWeb
blinklist-small Add to BlinkList
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:12 pm   Post subject: How much auto insurance do I need if I own a home  

My auto insurance company told me that if I'm in an accident and I don't have enough auto insurance I can be sued and possibly lose my home. I never heard of anyone losing their home because of an auto accident. If I have a good driving record, how much insurance do I really need and can I really lose my home if I don't have enough? and how do you collect from someone who doesn't have any insurance? It seems stupid to carry uninsured insurance if I can sue someone for damages.

seanpic
New member
Leave a quick message



Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 25


3.56 Dollars($)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:38 am   Post subject:   

Quote:
My auto insurance company told me that if I'm in an accident and I don't have enough auto insurance I can be sued and possibly lose my home.




Which company told you such a thing?



Quote:
I never heard of anyone losing their home because of an auto accident.




There is nothing as such!





Quote:
If I have a good driving record, how much insurance do I really need...




Which state are you in? You state has its own mandates. Check with your state's department of insurance.



I'd recommend you to have collision coverage, comprehensive and UM/UIM apart from basic liability insurance.




Quote:
...and how do you collect from someone who doesn't have any insurance?




Simple! Catch him and take him to a small claims court.


_________________

Owning a home is a keystone of wealth - both financial affluence and emotional security. ~ Suze Orman
MangoQurious
Senior member
Leave a quick message

MangoQurious

Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Posts: 270

Location: Sacramento, CA
61.23 Dollars($)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:54 pm   Post subject: Thanks  

Okay Friends Thanks for the suggestion

seanpic
New member
Leave a quick message



Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 25


3.56 Dollars($)

Quick Reply
Your Name
Subject
Message body
All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1


Get a Quote
Ask Community Experts

flash plugin

Quick Links

Must See

Community

Hot topics in forums

Latest in blogs

    Connection Error: Connection refused