Please give me any advice if you can. Flooded Car

Message Author
delicious-small Add to delicious
yahoomyweb-small Add to YahooMyWeb
blinklist-small Add to BlinkList
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:55 am   Post subject: Please give me any advice if you can. Flooded Car  

I am sorry if I post this in the wrong section but here is my situation.

I parked in a company's parking lot which had a water run off but it rained so much that it over flowed and my cars interior got ruined and possible problems with the engine (the exhaust smelled like gas). I talked to a manager and he said he is going to get an estimate for his car and turn it into the company's insurance because his car also got flooded. But the situation is I dont have insurance so will I be able to make a claim without having insurance?

New member
Leave a quick message

Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 1

1.00 Dollars($)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:58 am   Post subject:   

As per my knowledge if your car got ruined from any natural disaster then you will not get any claim amount from insurance company.

So I think your friend will not get any benefit from insurance company he need to spend the amount from his own pocket.


I am and always will be a sinner. But that's the beautiful thing about Jesus. I'll always try to be a better person in the eyes of God. But I'm not all of a sudden stepping up on a pedestal and saying I'm holier than thou, 'cause I'm not!
Preferred member
Leave a quick message


Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 112

23.56 Dollars($)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:23 pm   Post subject:   

Aaah Thankyou Cyrus, Ill keep checking in here if anyone else has any input.

Register Now to have your Insurance queries solved.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:10 pm   Post subject:   

In order for you to collect from someone elses insurance in a situation like this, they would need to be negligent in some way. As cyrus mentioned, it rains and this does not mean someone else is responsible. About the only way I can see them being responsible is if the parking lot has a design flaw or defect that does not allow a normal amount of rain to drain effectively.

I once parked my car on the side of a city street during a huge rain storm. I got back and the car was flooded. It would not shift out of 2nd gear. I paid about $1000 to have it repaired. I did not even think about filing a claim under my own policy. I was working for a Property & Casualty company at the time. I'd think I'd have been smart enough to know it was a covered loss. Laughing

Forum Expert
Leave a quick message

Forum Expert

Joined: 22 Nov 2006
Posts: 6175

Location: Salt Lake City, UT
375.37 Dollars($)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:58 pm   Post subject:   

Ouch that is no good. Well I always say it never hurts to ask..but here is a better question for you....why do you not have car insurance.??? That you should have so that you are protected and the others on the road as well. You can get cheap coverage...I would advise in purchasing an auto policy my friend especially if you own a car.


Senior member
Leave a quick message


Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 287

Location: PA
49.08 Dollars($)

Quick Reply
Your Name
Message body
All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Get a Quote
Ask Community Experts

flash plugin

Quick Links

Must See


Hot topics in forums

Latest in blogs

    Connection Error: Connection refused