Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 12/01/2009 - 04:39

If my child father refuses to designate her has a benificary can I take any action? He doesn't want me to get money so he signed his parents has beneficaries of his SGLI. Can I sue his estate or his parent to get some of the insurance money? We have a special needs child and if he passed I want to make sure she can get the are she is entitled too.


Posted: 01 Dec 2009 10:25 Post Subject:

Isn't there a chance that you could talk it out with him or his parents? If it was his wish to designate his parents as the beneficiaries, then I don't think we can do much about it. Do you posses a child custody agreement?

Add new comment

Restricted HTML

  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.