Los due to fire

Submitted by idodoyou on Wed, 12/28/2011 - 07:32

i,suffered a loss due to a fire, in aug. 2011 and my insurance company isn't shootin it straight with me. i have been with out a roof over my head for close to 5 months now,I'm on ssi and funds r very limited and cannot cover the cost of a hotel stay,(and they know it), and winter months bring cold and rain that i can not protect myself from. I have not been granted a walk thru to personally access damages, nor have I had anny access to any of my belongings, cloths , jewelry, not even my personal documents to verify the details of my homeowners policy, and its coverage's within. after repeated request's for a copy of policy, re-imbursment of spendeture's or assistance with housing, my calls still remain un-returned, and for some damned reason I cannot even get the assistance of an attorney. and the best i can get otta innsurance co. is bulls---- ,on''ly re-worded for a new conversation and a new day. THIS CANNOT CONTINUE''the home is mortgage free, and owned out wright.yet I'm faced with a possible total loss of property due to 2 yrs. back tax's. i feel powerless and this needs to change quickly!, but how /??/ who can i call ??what can I do? is there a court proceeding i can inituate? please help if u can. i am opened to just about anything at this point

Posted: 28 Dec 2011 12:34 Post Subject:

Since funds are low, you cannot possibly afford to take your insurance company to court. Who has stopped you from accessing your own personal property and effects (which includes the policy papers)? At this point you should consider contacting the state insurance department and filing a complaint. They take such unfair claims practices very seriously and the offending insurer is dealt with severely.

Posted: 23 Feb 2012 02:18 Post Subject:

Thanks for the information, it is better as our friend suggested, funds are low and you should do the needful to gain access to your property.

Posted: 14 Mar 2012 04:20 Post Subject: Fire Loss

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I have assisted numerous insureds that have had to endure similar circumstances and I know how devastating and disappointing it can be. The only good news is that you had insurance!
Depending on what state you are in and who the insurance company is you may have a few different options. First of all, if your state licenses Public Insurance Adjusters you would want to start by contacting a reputable one as they are the only adjusters that are licensed to only represent the interests of the insured or policyholder which is you. Another thing to look into is to see if your state has any laws that protect you in the event that you need to engage an attorney to receive the benefits owed under an insurance policy, I know in Florida if you need to engage an attorney after being denied coverage you may be awarded most if not all of your legal expenses.
I am a Florida State Licensed Public Insurance Adjuster and would be happy to assist you and answer any other questions you may have. If you are located outside of Florida please still contact me and I will try to get you in touch with the right people to help you resolve your issue and get back to where you were before the fire.

Add new comment

Restricted HTML

  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.