Where could I get the best Condo insurance quotes from?

Message Author
delicious-small Add to delicious
yahoomyweb-small Add to YahooMyWeb
blinklist-small Add to BlinkList
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:10 am   Post subject: Where could I get the best Condo insurance quotes from?  

I just purchased a Condo and my loan officer said that I need to have a HO6 insurance as per recent changes in policies (even though I paid for flooding, hazards, etc. as part of my HOA fee). Is this true? Even if I need to get one, how much do I need and where could I get the best rates?

Register Now to have your Insurance queries solved.
irwin mitchell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:17 am   Post subject:   

Yes, you should get a HO6 apart from your HOA asap since technically HO6 covers everything inside your unit - your personal belongings, the walls, the floor and ceiling against all perils. You could use the “Get Free Insurance Quote” widget in the right sidebar in order to get some good quotes.


Owning a home is a keystone of wealth - both financial affluence and emotional security. ~ Suze Orman
Senior member
Leave a quick message


Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Posts: 270

Location: Sacramento, CA
61.24 Dollars($)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:54 am   Post subject: condo insurance  

I think you should buy the condominium insurance policy with help of insurance agent because it will be beneficial to cover your home damage. A condo insurance policy usually covers your home and a part of the dwelling...

[link deleted per TOU]

New member
Leave a quick message

Joined: 13 Feb 2015
Posts: 1

1.08 Dollars($)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:16 am   Post subject:   

A condo insurance policy usually covers your home and a part of the dwelling...

Not exactly. An HO-6 policy provides limited liability protection for damage to the structure due to the occupant's negligence, as well as pays for replacement or repairs for most everything from the inside walls of the occupancy inward.

The Condo Association is technically responsible for the structure from the inside walls outward, but many CC&Rs have a provision that requires a unit owner to indemnify the Association for its cost to perform structural repairs -- I've seen amounts up to as much as $50,000. If you own a condo and don't have that kind of money lying around, paying a few hundred dollars per year for a HO-6 policy is probably a wise thing to do.


CA-licensed Life & Disability Analyst. CA Insurance Lic #0596197. Also investigating insurance company abuses, and providing litigation support/expert witness services. Send me your questions, and I'll send you my answers.
Forum Expert
Leave a quick message

Forum Expert

Joined: 29 Nov 2009
Posts: 7888

Location: Pomona CA
107.69 Dollars($)

Quick Reply
Your Name
Message body
All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Get a Quote
Ask Community Experts

flash plugin

Quick Links

Must See


Hot topics in forums

Latest in blogs

AmPmInsure on Facebook

Page loaded in 0.176 seconds.