liability for deployed personnel !

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 07/05/2007 - 05:47

Hi..Is it true that Nu York vehicle & traffic laws have mandated all cars to be sheltered by the State Liability ?
I already have my old one registered for liability! Now, what happens if my policy gets canceled while I'm deployed ?

Posted: 05 Jul 2007 06:09 Post Subject: Get to the DMV office..

Hi yeah!
Its quite true that your state laws necessitate you to register all your licensed cars for the state liability policy . Even if its an older car which you're not using or be it a new one, it has to be covered under this policy. Hope you would check it out with the DMV office! Regards, Evan

Posted: 05 Jul 2007 06:25 Post Subject: Why don you submit your plates!

My friend, all you need to do is to submit your license plates with the Dept of Motor vehicles while you are deployed. This would be there with them and get reinforced once you return. Once you submit the plates just don't forget to collect your receipt for the same. It might jus cost you around $1.00.

Only in case they are standard, you would need to apply for new ones when you are here again. In this case the cost of reinforcement might just go up to $15.00.

In case you still own your plates while you are deployed outside, your registration and car license might get annulled if your liability policy lapses.

Wish you take care of that as well.. Fatman

Posted: 05 Jul 2007 07:02 Post Subject: 90 days!

Well, things are easier having said than done!
As its been said, it might be your choice to get the plates in time...lemme jus tell you that if your policy lapse has taken place within the last 90 days and you need to reactivate your registration, then you just need to pay a penalty worth $8.00 a day. But make sure that you're within 90 days. Thanx, Reynold99

Posted: 05 Jul 2007 09:52 Post Subject: Collision coverage is an option for you!

Hey there...I agree to a possibility that whenever you get deployed, you might wish to cancel your liability coverage. At the same time you might wish to maintain a comprehensive & Collision coverage for it in order to safeguard it from all hazards while you are not there. Comprehensive coverage would protect it from damages done by other unavoidable natural events than by normal car hits. Remember that these polices are subject to deductions and are not needed if you have decided to give in your license plates. Stay well..n keep in touch.. Misty

Posted: 21 Aug 2007 06:33 Post Subject: deployed

Hi..I'm a bit new, to this forum. Would like to say something about being deployed. I serve in the Army Reserves, my POA ( very good friend of mine) took care of everything, for me!! If you don't have a POA, you CAN turn your plates in and the DMV will hold your plates until you come back. My friend didi that, and she had no trouble doing it that way.

Posted: 22 Aug 2007 05:20 Post Subject:

Hi sdchargersfan,
Welcome to the forums. We look forward to your active participation in the days to come.

Add new comment

Restricted HTML

  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.