Caring For The Disabled

Message Author
delicious-small Add to delicious
yahoomyweb-small Add to YahooMyWeb
blinklist-small Add to BlinkList
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:34 pm   Post subject: Caring For The Disabled  

Along the same lines as buying life insurance to guarantee that our minor children are cared for, we have people with the responsibility of caring for children or other relatives who are physically or mentally challenged.

What happens to these individuals at our death?

How do we make sure that our life insurance proceeds are used for the sole purpose of caring for these people?


"The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway."

— Mother Teresa
Community Consultant
Leave a quick message

Joined: 16 Oct 2007
Posts: 582

24.31 Dollars($)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:06 pm   Post subject:   

I don't know maze how would one make sure of that? seriously, you could leave them as beneficiary but without a trust laying out what the proceeds are to go 'for' how would one assure themselves of this third persons care?


"Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way." Martin Luther King Jr.
Forum Expert
Leave a quick message

Forum Expert

Joined: 10 Sep 2007
Posts: 8080

Location: Missouri
287.93 Dollars($)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:38 pm   Post subject:   

Can you write up a legal document stating your wishes? Is that what a trust is. What if you had a life insurance policy and you wanted to alot so much a month to a person or relative to care for your children and then leave the rest in an account for when they turned 18? Is this possible?

Senior member
Leave a quick message


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 1986

2.38 Dollars($)

Quick Reply
Your Name
Message body
All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Get a Quote
Ask Community Experts

flash plugin

Quick Links

Must See


Hot topics in forums

Latest in blogs

    Connection Error: Connection refused