Basic Home insurance coverage

Submitted by joven222 on Fri, 07/11/2008 - 18:20

what is the basic home insurance coverage. does it include only fire? or it can include any other accidents and disasters. What are the other coverages that can be included in an home insurance policy? And why is it that the rates for each type of accident or disaster differs from one another? Is there a logical explanation for it?

Posted: 19 Jul 2008 11:42 Post Subject:

Too bad no one has answered your question! I'll give it a try

Basic home insurance varies from state to state or in my case province to province.

In general there is coverage for the dwelling, outbuildings, personal property, liability and additional living expenses.

A policy will cover claims like fire, theft, lightning, smoke damage, water escape/rupture, vandalism, hail, windstorm, impact by vehicle, escape of fuel, explosion, falling objects, and so on.

Then there are exclusions in the policy.

That answers the first part of your question. I hope that helps a bit.

Add new comment

Restricted HTML

  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.