I need some catering insurance

Submitted by Ginger Willis on Wed, 08/08/2007 - 16:57

I need some catering insurance for one evening and I live in Michigan

Posted: 09 Aug 2007 04:22 Post Subject:

Hi Ginger, could you please mention the exact county you come from so that I might be much easier for me to suggest a few names... BTW, I am from Alpena.

Posted: 07 Oct 2008 12:11 Post Subject: catering Ins.

yes, I need catering insurance too per event/ one day only. I do not do it too often. Las Vegas, NV.

Posted: 07 Oct 2008 12:21 Post Subject:

PM me the details. I can check tomorrow.

Posted: 07 Oct 2008 12:24 Post Subject:

How the heck do you (life) know so much about so many different types of insurances? You amaze me. I didn't even relize there was catering insurance but of course it does make sense.

Posted: 07 Oct 2008 12:52 Post Subject:

Usually, they are talking about liability insurance. I have done it for weddings, graduation parties, Bar Mitzvah's, 50th birthday parties, etc.

You can get insurance for practically everything...lol. Actually had someone want special event insurance for an event this past weekend.

Once the underwriter found out it was a Hip-Hop concert, they said no...lol.

Guess they consider that to be a high risk?

Posted: 07 Oct 2008 12:54 Post Subject:

It could be...don't ya think? I have even heard of wedding insurance...I guess your right...there is insurance for evrything. Insurance is sounding like a hard and complicated job.

Posted: 07 Oct 2008 12:55 Post Subject:

Trust me, it's all automated. Few keystrokes in the computer, couple of phone calls, e' finito.

Posted: 07 Oct 2008 12:58 Post Subject:

Pretty cool. Maybe even I could manage that. I will still pass. I came here after a vechile accident looking for answers and have stayed ever since (july 07). I really have learned some interesting things.

Posted: 07 Oct 2008 12:59 Post Subject:

Excellent. Remember, Knowledge is Power.

Posted: 07 Oct 2008 01:23 Post Subject:

Been finding that out. As much as I learned from here I could have probaly settled my own case instead of waiting..lets see...I think its been...FOREVER. At least I know and can pray there will never be a next time. I can always help another person out that went through something like this so I do find it useful.

Posted: 06 Mar 2009 03:33 Post Subject: catering insurance

Hello, I'm starting a catering business/personal chef. I need to get catering business insurance soon. Does anyone know insurance companies that offer that type of insurance? I live in Brooklyn, NY Kings county. Thank you kindly.

Posted: 12 Jul 2009 12:02 Post Subject: Business Insurance

Hi there,

Yes you will need Catering or Restaurant Insurance, which typically includes the following different types of cover:
Employers' Liability
Public Liability
Business Interruption
Money Cover
There are also optional extras which can be bundled with a typical Shop Insurance Package. These typically include:
Buildings Additional Cover:
Loss of rent
Accidental Damage to Fixed Glass
Property Owners Liability Insurance
Travel and Access Cover

Have you tried a company called Constructaquote?

I hope this helps. If you need further help, please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Posted: 31 Jul 2009 06:29 Post Subject: Insurance-Catering

My name is Josh Shorter. I am an insurance agent in Dallas and I specialize in Catering/Restaurant liability insurance. I would love to help out. Give me a call at 214.808.4517 or send an email to joshs@upshaw-insurance.com.

Posted: 17 Nov 2009 09:46 Post Subject:

there was another similar question here:


Posted: 18 Nov 2009 04:07 Post Subject:

I asked was looking for the same insurance answer months ago but nobody assisted me :(

Chris Jones

Posted: 18 Nov 2009 08:05 Post Subject:

Hi chris, better late than never?

Posted: 28 Apr 2011 06:28 Post Subject: I need some catering insurance

Yes other Insurances like marriage insurance , car insurance , health insurance , Catering insurance can be also managed . Thanks for discussion on this topic.

Posted: 02 May 2011 06:41 Post Subject:


Posted: 15 Jun 2011 09:03 Post Subject: I need some catering insurance

Now- a-days there are many Insurance agencies which provide best insurance service. You can get more informations from their executives and can choose one of the best insurance company for catering insurance .

Posted: 29 Jun 2011 09:11 Post Subject:

I am also looking to obtain catering insurance in Brooklyn. My home is in Suffolk County, but I only cook/bake in my customer's homes or rented spaces for private events they have. What sort of insurance can you purchase that does not require building information? Since every job is different and I do not own the spaces.


Posted: 07 Jul 2011 04:24 Post Subject:

You simply need a commercial general liability policy (CGL). It might cost you about $500 per year for a $1,000,000 policy with a $2,000,000 aggregate claim limit.

Add new comment

Restricted HTML

  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.