Will my insurance company pay if my son crashes my car ?

by Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2005 04:58 am

If my son crashes my car while driving, will the insurance company pay for the damage? Both I and my son have the driving license and I have the full coverage of my car. Please suggest.

Total Comments: 2

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 05:58 am Post Subject: Son crashes the car

They will pay you if the policy is an ISO standard policy. Also if your son get injured bodily, the policy will also cover the medical payments.

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 06:36 am Post Subject:

you need to get with your agent on how you and your son are listed on the policy and review the coverages that you have.many people think they have full coverage, when they are lacking some things.

for exmple: you have collision coverage and liability (bodily injury and property damage to others) you cause and accident and there is damage to your car, the other car, and everyone is hurt. in this scenario unless you have med pay, everyone and everything is covered exept your bodily injury because the insured driver is not covered for bodily injury, only injuries and damage to other people. this applies the same if you son is driving.

granted many states are different on the above scenario, thats why its important to review what you have and understand your individual policy. I advise you to get with your agent.

Add your comment

Enter the characters shown in the image.